Sure, staying off Walt Disney World property may be a bit cheaper, but is it worth it? Here is a list of reasons why I believe it’s better to stay
Sure, staying off Walt Disney World property may be a bit cheaper, but is it worth it? Here is a list of reasons why I believe it’s better to stay on-site at a Walt Disney World resort hotel!
- Free MagicBands – A MagicBand is a bracelet-like item that you wear. Your MagicBand can unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room, give you access to theme parks and water parks (with valid admission), allow you to check in at FastPass+ entrances, connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account, and you can even charge purchases to your Disney Resort hotel room (available during your stay).
- Free Transportation – From your resort to the parks (and back) and to/from Orlando International Airport.
- Free Park Parking – Should you decide to drive to any of the parks yourself, you will not need to pay for parking.
- Location – Depending on the resort you stay at, you may be able to walk to a park! All resorts offer bus transportation and some resorts offer boat or monorail transportation. Regardless of which transportation method you choose, you will enjoy being close to the magic.
- Package Pickup – Purchase a souvenir in the park? Instead of carrying it around all day in the park, ask the Disney Cast Member (when checking out) to have it sent back to your resort room!
- Extra Magic Hours – Resort guests get to enjoy extra time in the park either in the morning or in the evening!
- Early Access to FastPass – You can begin making your FastPass selections up to 60 days before arrival whereas off-property guests must wait until 30 days before arrival to make their selections.
- Dining Reservations – You can make your dining reservations for your entire vacation 180 days before your trip whereas off-property guests must book them one day at a time.
- Charge to Your Resort Room – No need to bring your wallet to the parks – unless you plan to drink, bring your ID. With your MagicBand, you can charge purchases (food and merchandise) to your resort room!
- Free Entertainment – All Walt Disney World Resorts offer a variety of daily activities such as “Movies Under the Stars” and more!
- Dining Plan Options – Want to make your vacation all-inclusive? If you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort you can purchase a Disney Dining Plan, which will include a set number of meals at a set price.
- Lobby Concierge – In your Resort Lobby, you can visit Concierge to purchase park tickets without standing in those long lines at the parks. You can also get information on recreation, dining, and everything Disney.
- Disney’s Refillable Mug – For $18.99 (as of 06/2018), you can purchase a refillable mug for fountain drinks, coffee, cocoa, and tea for the length of your stay. You won’t be able to fill up the mug in the parks, but you can fill up your mug at any Disney World Resort. If you decide to add a Disney Dining Plan to your package, you’ll get this mug for free!
- Themed Pools – The pools at the Disney Resorts are a great way to take a break from the parks and relax. They offer some of the best views and some pools even have water slides!
- Disney Service – Disney Cast Members are there to make your vacation as easy and stress-free as possible. If you need help, ask them – it’s what they do!