Animal Kingdom is located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Animal Kingdom spans over 580 acres, making it the largest theme pa
Animal Kingdom is located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Animal Kingdom spans over 580 acres, making it the largest theme park in the world! The park offers several attractions and shows, but there is also a lot of walking trails and different ways you can meet and interact with animals. Recent additions, including Pandora – The World of Avatar and UP! A Great Bird Adventure, have put this park on the map. There is a lot to do, but I’ve nailed down 5 Must-Do Attractions at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, so let’s get into it!
- Avatar Flight of Passage is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World at this time and deservingly so! On this attraction, you’ll fly on the back of a banshee and experience an exhilarating journey. This is a 3D attraction that involves simulated drops, misting, and scents. All of these elements add to the experience and make you feel like you’re really there on Pandora! The wait times for this attraction can range from 75 – 120+ minutes, so it’s best to get a FastPass for this one or experience it as soon as the park opens.
- Na’vi River Journey is slow moving boat ride through a bioluminescent rainforest within the Valley of Mo’ara. This is an attraction for the entire family! During your journey, you will see the many different species of plant life as well as some creatures who inhabit the area. For the final scene, you will come across the Na’vi Shaman of Songs and she is really something you don’t want to miss! The wait times for this attraction also range from 75 – 120+ minutes. If you wish to experience this attraction, I advise doing it first thing in the morning or later at night when the lines die down.
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain is a thrilling coaster experience through the Himalayan mountains. Your speeding train will climb mountains as you explore the surrounding views, but be on the lookout for the Yeti!
- DINOSAUR is a dark, rough ride through the prehistoric era. In your expedition, you’ll be sent back millions of years to save a dinosaur. This attraction is very, very dark and may scare smaller children. If you enjoy thrills though, this attraction is for you!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris is for the animal lovers! If you or anyone with you enjoys giraffes, elephants, or lions, the safari is a must! It’s best to hit this attraction early in the morning as all of the animals are out and about for the most part. If you can’t ride it in the morning, save it for late at night – the lions love walking out at nighttime!
A pretty wild list, right? Now I want to hear from you! What are your thoughts? Do you agree with my list? Is there an attraction I left off that is a must for you? Let me know in the comments!