Magic Kingdom is located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Magic Kingdom spans over 100 acres and has over 12,100 parking spots
Magic Kingdom is located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Magic Kingdom spans over 100 acres and has over 12,100 parking spots available. The point is … the park is huge and there is a lot that it offers! With over 25+ attractions to choose from, there is really something for everyone! Unless you’re a seasoned Disney veteran, you most likely won’t be able to hit all 25+ attractions and meet all the characters that you want. That’s why I have made this list of 7 Must-Do Attractions at Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park.
- Space Mountain is a dark, indoor coaster where you will fly through outer space in a rocket. This coaster makes my list because it is a thrilling ride even though it’s top speed is only 28 mph. It’s a great attraction, especially for those younger ones who are finally brave enough to ride a roller coaster!
- Splash Mountain is a log flume ride based on the movie, “Song of the South,” which you probably have not seen since Disney removed it from the public. Even if you haven’t seen the film (legally or otherwise), this is still a great attraction! You’ll board a “wooden” log (4 rows of 2) and then you’ll embark on a 10-11 minute journey through various scenes with Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox, Br’er Bear, and other friends of Br’er Rabbit. The final drop is 50 feet, so hang on tight! Oh, almost forgot to mention this, you WILL get wet!
- Big Thunder Mountain will take you on a runaway adventure through a gold-mining town. This coaster is a bit more adventurous at 36 mph, but it’s still a coaster that the entire family can enjoy. It does have rough turns and a few small drops, so be sure to hold on to any items you wish to keep. It’s the wildest ride in the wilderness after all!
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a family coaster where you’ll get to race through a diamond mine! You may even encounter a few familiar characters along the way. Even though this is categorized as a family coaster, it still has enough speed and drops for any coaster junkie!
- Haunted Mansion is a slow-moving ride through a dark, haunted estate. This ride may scare younger ones, but everything is in good fun! Haunted Mansion was an opening day attraction for the Magic Kingdom, so it’s definitely worth checking out!
- Pirates of the Caribbean is a Disney classic! Walt Disney himself worked on this attraction and it shows. Pirates of the Caribbean is a slow moving boat ride that does have one dark drop in it, but it’s over within a few seconds. Hop aboard for a swashbuckling adventure!
- Peter Pan’s Flight is a a slow-moving ride where you will fly over scenes in a magical ship! This is an attraction that the whole family can enjoy. This ride is very popular and can see wait times of 60-90+ minutes, so definitely hit it early or grab a FastPass!
Well, there you go! That’s my 7 Must-Do Attractions at Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park. What are your thoughts? Do you agree with my list? Is there an attraction I left off that is a must for you? Let me know in the comments!