I realize 2018 is halfway over, but if you haven't visited Walt Disney World this year, you need to! Here are 7 major reasons (in no particular order)
I realize 2018 is halfway over, but if you haven’t visited Walt Disney World this year, you need to! Here are 7 major reasons (in no particular order) I consider a 2018 WDW vacation worth while!
- Toy Story Land – Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is opening in less than two weeks on June 30, 2018! This new land will feature two attractions – Alien Swirling Saucers and the Slinky Dog Dash family coaster. You’ll be shrunk down to the size of a toy as you play in Andy’s backyard. Check out the video above for a look inside this new land!
- Pandora – The World of Avatar – Just over a year old, Pandora – The World of Avatar is a highly immersive land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The land features two attractions – Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey. In Flight of Passage, you’ll be able to ride on the back of a banshee! On Na’vi River Journey, you’ll board a slow moving boat to float through the bioluminescent rainforest. You can also enjoy a meal inspired by the Na’vi at Satu’li Canteen. You can stay in this land for easily half the day exploring these attractions and the land itself!
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire Hyper-Reality Experience at Disney Springs – If you’re a fan of Star Wars and virtual reality, this attraction is a must! In a team of four, you’ll need to capture intelligence information as you go undercover as stormtroopers. Of course, you’ll run into some issues along the away (just remember to use the force). You do have to make reservations in advanced and, at the time of this post, it is $29.95 per person. You can make your reservations for this amazing experience here.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – This attraction was already exciting, but now Disney has two new scenes added to it! You can now visit Crait (featured in Star Wars: The Last Jedi) and Batuu (the outpost you’ll visit at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019). Flights are departing now at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure – Join Russell and Dug, from Disney Pixar’s “UP,” for a close-up experience as they learn about the world’s most exotic birds! This show runs throughout the day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – If you have not experienced Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom before, you are really missing out! This, in my opinion, is one of Disney’s best parties that they do. The ticket for the party is extra (outside of your park ticket), but the party offers a lot! You can experience attractions with little to no wait, collect candy at various locations around the park, watch the “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks and the “Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” and meet a lot of different characters. The party is happening this year August 17 – October 31, so be sure to get your ticket soon! You can learn more about this party and purchase tickets here.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – If you’re a lover of food or wine, Food & Wine Festival is a must! This festival is going on this year at Epcot August 30 – November 12, and you can experience it with your normal park ticket.