A trip to Walt Disney World doesn't have to be complicated or stressful. If you plan ahead and use these tips below, you'll be sailing through your ma
A trip to Walt Disney World doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful. If you plan ahead and use these tips below, you’ll be sailing through your magical vacation with ease!
- Download the My Disney Experience App – The My Disney Experience App is ESSENTIAL to any enjoyable vacation at Walt Disney World. If you already have a smartphone, it’s really a no-brainer. The My Disney Experience App has so many useful resources including park maps, time guides, wait times, and more. You can also book FastPass+ experiences in the app, as well as dining reservations. It’s a must-have app if there ever was one!
- Learn the FastPass+ System – If you enjoy standing in long lines, you can skip this section, but I believe many of you don’t enjoy lines! The FastPass+ System is your ticket to skipping lines and enjoying even more attractions. If you’re staying at a Walt Disney World resort, you can book your initial 3 FastPass selections 60 days in advance (3 FastPasses per day). If you’re staying off-property, you’ll be able to book your FastPass selections 30 days in advance. When you head to the park, you’ll be able to use your first 3 FastPasses. After you use your first 3 FastPasses, you’ll be able to schedule a FastPass for another attraction! After you use your 4th FastPass, you can schedule another and so on and so forth. Taking advantage of this system is the key to no lines! If you want to learn more about FastPass, check out our YouTube video here.
- Book Your Dining Reservations in Advance – Wanting to take your little princess to Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast? You’re going to want to book in advance. Far in advance. Actually, 180 days in advance to be precise. Popular dining experiences like Cinderella’s Royal Table fill up fast and early, so you’ll want to be sure to book at the 180 day mark. Reservations open at 6am EST online and 7am EST by phone.
- Take Advantage of Mobile Ordering – Again, if you’re a fan of lines, skip this part. If you don’t enjoy lines like me, mobile order is your friend! Many quick service restaurants throughout the Walt Disney World property offer Mobile Order through the My Disney Experience App. All you have to do is select a quick service restaurant, order your food by making selections in the app, add them to your cart, checkout, and your food will be ready by the time you get to the restaurant! It’s really that easy! You can learn more about mobile ordering on Disney’s official page here.
- Make Sure You Have a MagicBand – MagicBands are not necessary, but they sure do make a vacation easier! If you stay at a Walt Disney World resort, you’ll getcomplimentary MagicBands for everyone in your party. If you’re staying off-property, you can purchase a MagicBand in the park or at Disney Springs. With a MagicBand you can access your room, pay for food and souvenirs by charging it to your room, scan in for the FastPass line, scan PhotoPass photos, and more!
- Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort – We previously covered why you should stay at a Walt Disney World resort, but a few key reasons are complimentary transportation to and from the parks, Extra Magic Hours, complimentary MagicBands, and early access to FastPass.
- Plan in Advance – Yes, you need to plan in advance for your Walt Disney World vacation. No, you won’t have a magical time if you just wing it. Planning ahead is key to making the most of your Walt Disney World vacation. You’ll want to know what attractions to hit, when to hit those said attractions, where to eat, when the fireworks are, and much more. While things never go as planned, you can prepare yourself by having a schedule and take the punches as they come.
- Pack Properly – Weather in Florida is unpredictable. The forecast may say no rain, but then it rains. Pack for the unexpected! This includes ponchos or rain jackets, tennis shoes, and definitely sun screen. If you want to save some money, throw in some snacks and bottled water too (yes, you can bring food and drink into the parks).
I hope these 8 tips help you have a magical time the next time you’re at Walt Disney World! If you have tips of your own, comment below and let me know!