Over at Magic Kingdom the Holiday fun has begun! We grabbed our MagicBands and decided to see what this ever-popular Christmastime offering is
Over at Magic Kingdom the Holiday fun has begun!
We grabbed our MagicBands and decided to see what this ever-popular Christmastime offering is all about!
The park is open to party-goers at 4pm even though the party festivities don’t start until 7pm, so you have a few hours to enjoy the park itself. Once the party begins, it’s impossible to be bored! There is something happening around every corner from shows, free cookies, photo spots, dance parties, and special character meet and greets. Because of all the opportunities, it’s important to plan ahead and make the most of your very merry time at Magic Kingdom.
Before we go in depth, let’s cover what you get with your Christmas Party Ticket!
- Admission into the park form 4pm-12am
- Access to Christmas Party Exclusive Shows
- A variety of complimentary Christmas cookies and holiday Beverages
- Christmas Party exclusive character appearances
- Supposedly lower crowds
(I say ‘supposedly’ because the night went seemed more like a busy day at the park, I was later informed that the earlier parties and ones closer to Christmas itself are generally more crowded, so plan accordingly)
A Frozen Holiday Wish,
This show takes place on the Cinderella Castle Stage two times in the evening. Familiar friends from the movie Frozen enthusiastically take the stage excited to share the holiday fun with all guests. Anna points out that it would feel a lot more like Christmas if there were a bit more winter in Magic Kingdom. After much persistence, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Disney Guests finally convince Elsa to ‘Let It Go’ and cover the kingdom in magical ice and snow.
I must say this show is enchanting and gave me some ‘chills’, no pun intended!
After Elsa is finished working her icy magic, Cinderella Castle takes on a new, bright and merry look.
Show Rating: 9/10, I would defiantly prioritize seeing one of the two showings of this castle lighting! It is also worth mentioning that the first time this show happens is at 6pm before the Christmas party starts. It also happens once every night in spite of the Christmas parties. The following shows I mention are party exclusive.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration,
This show also takes place on the Cinderella Castle Stage. The show is full of festive fun and many, many Fantasyland characters! If you love classic Disney charm and Christmas sing a-longs, this show is for you. Mickey and all of his friends take us through holiday songs, stories, and dances.
Show Rating: 7/10
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas,
Time to travel to Tomorrowland for this fun, intergalactic take on traditional Christmas festivities! In this stage show we join familiar friends like Mike Wazouski, Buzz Lightyear, and Stitch! Haley, our host, is planning a ‘Totally Tomorrowland’ Christmas Party and wants more than anything for Santa Claus himself to attend and maybe even make it snow! Stitch wants to help Haley in the party planning so she gives him the task of tracking down Santa. Of course Stitch maybe gets into a bit of mischief along the way… Mike Wazouski and Buzz Lightyear join us in their renditions of classic Christmas carols like ‘Jingle Bells’ and ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’.
Show Rating, 7/10
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,
This Parade is the classic Disney Christmas Parade we all know and love! Characters galore and spectacular floats too. If you’re having trouble getting into the holiday spirit, this parade is a must-do for you! You’ll be humming the tunes the rest of the night! The parade happens twice during the party.
Show Rating: 9/10, another one I would make a priority to see. Helpful hint, there are less crowds on the second run of the parade, however do keep an eye on the weather radar as random Florida rain is common.
This 180 degree firework spectacular happens once during the night and one of the best places to view is at the end of Main Street. The songs, the lights, the fireworks, it is very magical indeed. And if you ever miss Magic Kingdom’s old Firework Spectacular, ‘Wishes!”, you may experience some nostalgia as Jimmy Cricket leads us through the ‘Spirit of the Season’!
Show Rating, 9/10
Attractions open for the party(referenced from our party map):
Main Street U.S.A,
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Town Square Theater (meet and greet location)
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The ‘Jingle’ Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Country Ber Jamboree
- The Haunted Mansion
- Prince Charming’s Carrousel
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- It’s a Small World
- Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Mad Tea Party
- Winnie the Pooh
- Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train
- Princess Fairytale Hall (meet and greet location
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Space Mountain
- Astro Orbiter
- People Mover
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Complimentary Treats and Locations:
- Snowman Soft Pretzel and Son-Cone (Tortuga Tavern, near Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Ginger Molassas Cookie and Eggnog (Liberty Square Ticket Office, near Sleepy Hollow)
- Variety of Holiday Favorites, Pinocchio Village Haus(Fantasyland
- Chilled Apple Cider and Dove Chocolate, The Friars Nook(Fantasyland)
- Peppermint Crunch Cookie, Storybook Circus Snacks(Storybook Circus area)
- Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate, Cosmic Ray’s (Tomorrowland)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie and Sno-Cone, Auntie Gravities Galactic Goodies (Tomorrowland)
- Cinderella and Prince Charming/Princess Elena (Princess Fairytale Hall – right entrance)
- Rapunzel & Flynn Rider/Tiana & Prince Naveen (Princess Fairytale Hall – left entrance)
- Snow White & Prince/Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip (just outside and to the left of Pinoccio Village Haus)
- Ariel & Prince Eric (across from Adventure of the Little Mermaid ride)
- Belle (by Bonjour Gifts)
- Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, & Eeyore (by Winnie the Pooh ride)
- Minnie, Daisy, Donald, and Scrooge McDuck (Petes Silly Slide Show, Storybook Circus)
- ‘Santie Claus’ Goofy (Barnstormer)
- Seven Dwarfs (Storybook Circus)
- Mary Poppins & Bert (Liberty Square behind the Christmas Shoppe)
- Jasmine, Aladdin, and Genie (Adventureland)
- Captain Jack Sparrow (Adventureland)
- Moana (Adventureland)
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater)
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claus & Sally (Town Square Theater)
- Santa Claus (Main Street)
- Nick and Judy (Tomorrowland)
Ticket prices vary depending on the night you choose to go, but generally fall in the $90-$110 range.
Check out our video blog for a more in-depth look at this festive event!